Blade Group General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy
Blade Group takes your privacy seriously. Your consent about the way your data is obtained and processed by us is a legal requirement of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. Information that you provide to us when enquiring via our website or those of our brand partners (including your email address)
2. Information that you provide when applying for a role within the group including completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
3. Information that you provide to us when enquiring via email by telephone or in person
4. Information provided relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes;
1. To administer your account,
2. To provide and maintain products and services you have purchased from us
3. To update our manufacturers, finance partners and third-party product providers regarding your purchase of products or services
4. To inform you of products and services for marketing purposes
5. To send you information, if you have requested it
6. To provide third party systems with anonymous statistical information about you
We will contact you as advised by our OEM partners* and our Nominated 3rd party providers and suppliers* to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle, to ensure records are maintained.
We cross check your data with the DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made. We track data around email interaction to understand whether communications have reached you e.g. MOT reminders. We check vehicle age and type of work due to help prioritise our contact with you.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers. All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
If you make an enquiry about a role in the group or about a product or service we will retain your personal details for a period of three years.
Any quotes, which have not resulted in an order, will be retained for a period of three years.
If you purchase a product or service we will retain your personal details for a period of seven years from the date of purchase.
We take steps to ensure that any businesses that we work with have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to: Request copies of your data, rectification of your data, erasure of your data, object to us or restrict the processing your data and where our systems allow, request access to electronic copies of your data in a digital format. For further information or to register a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see our website for details
www.bladegroup.co.uk/site/privacy-and-legal or in writing to
GDPR, Blade House, A40 Northern Bypass, Gloucester, GL2 9DJ
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
ICO Registration: we are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z548109X
*Full listing of our ‘Manufacturers’ and ‘Nominated Suppliers’ can be found below.
Our Suppliers Privacy Policies